domingo, 9 de diciembre de 2012

He Is a Professional Hooligan




Since we are little they try to teach us how bad alcohol is for the brain, and for your body. Nothing good comes out of being drunk, yet in Among the Thugs Mick is always “drunk with considerable speed”(26). Mick always drank “lager” he “continued to buy rounds, and the wad never seemed to diminish”(27).

I don’t know why he would want to be involved in that world. He is an American and he knows barely anything about football or the hooligans. “I wanted to meet a football thug, but to my untrained eye everyone around me looked like one”(19). Maybe it’s because I have never been involved with football that I don’t understand people’s passion. I don’t understand how someone would be willing to follow a group of hooligans, especially if it’s illegal.
But everyone does have passions. Of course if it were to be my favorite band I would do everything to go see them.

People dedicate their life’s to this sport, and they spend a lot of money everyday in contribution. He thought that Sammy was a “professional hooligan”(29). When he in fact was a “professional thief”(29).

When they get to England they start singing with so much pride: “Glory, glory, Man United”(43). I understand, because I have traveled outside my country that when you are elsewhere in the world the passion for your country heightens because you can feel the passion, and you feel the need to spread the love you have for your country. This is what the Hooligans are doing when they get to Turin.

I am curios to see what will happen next, because after a very hectic trip there is going to be something that will explode! Can't wait!






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario