sábado, 27 de octubre de 2012

Rhetoric Genius




I never knew that my mother was such a rhetoric genius. Apparently, parents “love them [their children] equally but avoid applying the rules consistently”(70).
I’m always annoyed with my mother because I always assume she is being unfair with the things she allows my sister to do some things that she didn’t allow me to do when I was her age.
She get’s to go to parties, and when I was her age I didn’t. I was always aggravated with my mom because I thought she was “the favorite” and that she loved her more than she did me. Also, I was the oldest, and they say that the oldest child always have those problems.
Just five minutes ago as I was reading Heinrich’s opinion on how he deals with his two children I finally understood how sneaky my mom really was, she loves all four of us equally (I hope) she just doesn’t apply the same rule with all of us because we are all very different.

Also, in order to be successful you have to be a “sensible person”(67).  And the audience should trust you, this is where “practical wisdom”(67) comes to play an important role, this is like “common sense” and it will help you “get things done”(67).

Today, General Frasier a graduate of the U.S Air Force Army, told us that you don’t always have to be the prettiest, or the smartest, or the fastest person in order to achieve your goals and be successful in life, but you have to be persistence and be sure of what you want to be in life and have goals. You have to be persistent so you can get what you want.
Apparently, Heinrichs agrees with him, he says that the presidents of the United States that had the highest IQ “were also among the least effective”(68). This means that smart doesn’t always mean effective, you have to have the skills in order to make the right decisions.
Not everyone has these kinds of skills, but apparently they can be taught if I keep reading the book… Let’s continue to chapter 8 shall we….

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario